On behalf of our client located in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Network Architect to join our client’s team for a full time, permanent opportunity.
Reporting to the Manager of Service and Infrastructure Support, the Network Architect will be responsible for designing a variety of secure computer networks, supervising the activities of a technical team of network specialists and acting as the overall project leader for the planning and implementation of certain technical systems serving our Client.
The incumbent is responsible for the design, development, implementation and monitoring of network systems and the security architecture between various mission critical infrastructures, monitoring system performance, and troubleshooting advanced and complex technical problems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Enables the communication technology vision for the organization through the design, architecture and implementation of new and complex network technologies, services and capabilities. Keeps abreast of developments in network and communications techniques, equipment, software, and related matters.
- Monitors and analyzes network performance with a focus on Continual Service Improvement to support specialized technologies and integrated voice, data and radio technologies; evaluates, tests and oversees implementation of network enhancements; recommends improvements and optimization of network resources.
- Designs, plans and develops security standards for systems, networks and the enterprise’s security architecture; conducts security and risk assessments; implements, monitors, audits and enforces communications and systems security to comply with existing business policies.
- Monitors user activity to ensure adherence to security policies and appropriate use of Information Technology systems; plans and executes responses to security incidents, communicates risk and remediation procedures and directs mitigation activities.
- Performs small scale project management, i.e. plans and coordinates the implementation and deployment of network infrastructure; acts as a liaison between vendors and a wide variety of external and internal client groups; determines technical requirements and addresses security issues which arise during systems implementation and integration.
- Manages the investigation and resolution of network hardware, software, and operating system problems which affect the performance of the communications, telephony and storage networks; assigns and coordinates connectivity and bandwidth capacity requirements; liaises with vendor representatives and communications carriers in resolving complex problems.
- Plans, organizes, directs, manages and reviews the work of network services staff; sets performance and development goals; conducts performance evaluations; trains, coaches and mentors staff; makes recommendations regarding the selection, discipline and termination of staff in consultation with the department manager; ensures there is adequate staff coverage and that operational requirements are met; monitors service levels and workflow of the unit.
- Prepares and maintains a variety of technical documents, records and statistics related to the work; advises on security policies and procedures.
- A Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) designation is required.
- Completion of a university degree in computer science technology or related discipline
- 5 plus years experience in network design and implementation
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of storage and local and wide area network technologies and standards, server and workstation operating systems, hardware platform and configuration options and protocols and related topologies.
- Knowledge of network security practices and techniques including firewall configuration and maintenance.
- Ability to design, plan and develop security standards for systems, networks and the enterprise’s security architecture between various mission critical systems.
- Ability to monitor the performance of assigned network infrastructure, troubleshoot problems and implement remedial actions as required.
- Ability to coordinate the implementation of technical systems deployment.
Nice to have Requirements
- A Certified Information System Security Professional (CISSP) designation, or a Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP) designation is highly desirable.
- ITIL Foundation v3 or later accreditation is also preferred.
Terms: This is a permanent, full time role based in Vancouver. Regular working hours as well as the option to participate in our client's Accumulated Time-Off Program [ATO]. MSP (Municipal Pension Plan - Employer will pay equivalent of 8.56% of yearly Salary into MSP) Competitive salary and benefits package including: Dental, Health, Wellness, Disability. Overtime and On Call pay.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.