Senior Software Engineer - Node.JS
On behalf of our well-established, Silicon-Valley-based client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking two (2) experienced Software Engineers to join our client's User-Platform Development team on a Permanent basis. In this position, you will join a team of talented peers building out core components, tools, and experiences - both services and web applications.
If you’re keen to contribute to the delivery of high performance, high traffic applications and APIs, with built-in scalability and monitoring in the AWS cloud, then read on! Our client provides professionals with the content, tools, and data intelligence they need in order to provide unparalleled service to their clients. You will touch on all aspects of the product delivery including understanding acceptance criteria, designing the application, writing/testing/deploying code, and monitoring the system. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly-developed collaboration abilities to deliver on broad cross-organization initiatives, producing industry-leading web applications and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders – including Product Owners and User Experience designers – regarding user stories, acceptance criteria, definition of done, and other program-related decisions
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and applications that will excite and please a user base of business professionals
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams throughout the organization to reuse existing components and architect shared functionality
- Coach, mentor, and guide your team to deliver the best solution keeping in mind return on investment and total cost of ownership
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Lead process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Full-stack development – you can understand and communicate a feature design from model to endpoint to the front-end
- Building complex, robust, and highly scalable production applications
- Client-side web technologies (HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, responsiveness) and working experience with a front-end template framework (Dust, Mustache, Handlebars) is an asset
- Database systems, relational and/or NoSQL
- TDD and test automation (Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, Sinon, Nightwatch, Cucumber)
- Delivering high value to customers quickly, frequently, with regular feedback and support
Your personal characteristics include:
- You are passionate about creating world-class web experiences for our customers and will work hard to achieve this
- You have a passion for learning, continuous improvement, sharing and working in a team environment
- You take pride in writing clean, quality code, but can balance this with business practicality
- You hold a point of view and aren’t afraid to challenge assumptions or question the value of the proposal, but are humble enough to recognize and adopt the views of others
- Have zero-tolerance for avoiding the best practices (e.g. peer reviews & TDD, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery)
This is a full-time permanent role. Compensation package includes competitive salaries, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program as well as a tuition reimbursement program to help support achieving your educational goals. Work environment is business-casual. Monday-to-Friday, regular working hours.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.