Java Software Engineer
On behalf of our industry-leading enterprise client based in Burnaby, Ignite Technical Resources is searching for a Java Software Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis.
Role: The successful candidate will provide technical expertise to a team of talented engineers to help drive innovation in our client’s distribution and subscription services.
- Delivery: Deliver product enhancements and support. Participate in best practices and various testing standards, including peer reviews.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with feature scrums teams and central technology teams across EAX. Collaborate with teams to help maintain the Agile methodology and improve workflows on products currently used and those on the product roadmap. This will include maturity of various applications into a regular delivery pipeline, focusing on test coverage, continuous integration, and application health metrics.
- Engineering efficiency: Code quality & technical risk, sustainable software development, with the tools, technical processes and best practices needed to develop in an agile and efficient way
- 5+ years, with experience working on large-scale web media-based solutions.
- Expert in Java/J2EE/JSP - minimum 3 years’ experience developing large multi-tier system applications.
- Experience with dependency management, build & release and automation tools (Maven/Ivy, Jenkins/Bamboo, Chef/Puppet).
- BS/ MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Ability to speak to technical conversations with other Product and Business staff, in addition to Engineering and Support/Operations teams.
- Conveys highly technical concepts and information in written form to technical and non-technical audiences.
Nice to have
- AEM 6 Architect Certification and/or Experience with AEM v6.x Touch UI.
- SEO knowledge.
- Deep domain knowledge of: JCR/Oak, Apache Sling, Apache Felix, OSGi, REST, High Availability architecture.
This position is based in Burnaby, BC, and work will be carried out on site during standard business hours. The position includes a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental and Wellness. Dress code onsite is casual and the location includes a beautiful campus with a cafeteria and dog friendly services.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.