Senior Software Engineer - Back End Services
On behalf of our industry-leading enterprise client based in Burnaby, Ignite Technical Resources is searching for a Senior Software Engineer - Backend Services to join their team on a full-time basis.
Role: The successful candidate will provide technical expertise to a team of talented engineers to help drive innovation in our client’s distribution and subscription based services.
- Delivery: Design and develop and continuously deploy best-in-class back-end services that is highly responsive and scales to our millions of users daily
- Collaboration: Collaborate closely with team members in an autonomous scrum, with cross-functional responsibilities and expertise. Work with other feature scrums teams and central technology teams. Interact with stakeholders to gather inputs for publishing needs and translate them to actual functional tools.
- Support: Take operational responsibility of the backend services your team owns.
- Engineering efficiency: Code quality & technical risk, sustainable software development, with the tools, technical processes and best practices needed to develop in an agile and efficient way
Skill Set Required
- 5+ years, with experience working on large-scale, distributed and microservice architecture.
- BS/ MS degree in Computer Science or related field
- Expert in Java/J2EE/JSP - minimum 3 years’ experience developing large multi-tier system applications.
- Experience with dependency management, build & release and automation tools (Maven/Ivy, Jenkins/Bamboo, Chef/Puppet).
- Ability to speak to technical conversations with other Product and Business staff, in addition to Engineering and Support/Operations teams.
- Conveys highly technical concepts and information in written form to technical and non-technical audiences.
- The ability to work on multiple concurrent projects is essential. Strong self-motivation and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
Nice to have
This position is based in Burnaby, BC, and work will be carried out on site during standard business hours. The position includes a comprehensive benefits package including Health, Dental and Wellness. Dress code onsite is casual and the location includes a beautiful campus with a cafeteria and dog friendly services.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.