Network Administrator - Security
On behalf of our client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Network Administrator to join our client's Infrastructure team on a Permanent basis. In this position, you will join a small team of infrastructure specialists responsible for protecting the organization’s systems from intentional or inadvertent access or harm.
This role is an ideal choice for a network administrator looking to specialize in network and system security. Cisco Security certification is an asset, but a willingness to learn is more important. Cisco training and certification will be provided for the selected candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains (and eventually manages) the organization’s cybersecurity framework; which includes firewall configuration, maintenance, and monitoring; virus management and intrusion prevention and detection.
- Maintains (and eventually manages) security dashboards to provide management and stakeholders with information on key metrics such as identifying historical trends, areas of risk/gaps, violations and/or improvements.
- Reviews daily security event logs and participates in providing the appropriate remediation activities.
- Monitors and responds to security alerts and anomalies from security infrastructure management systems by following proper Information Technology Solutions (ITS) standard operations procedures and escalation protocols.
- Performs root cause analysis (identify, analyze, remediate and mitigate) of critical events in support of continuous threat prevention initiatives; ensuring existing processes are viable and sustainable.
- Collaborates with ITS team and partners to optimize and manage security analysis tools to improve its effectiveness – reduce false positives and improve threat detection.
- Performs annual security policy reviews; makes recommendations for changes to policy; updates and collaborates with key stakeholders to roll out and communicate changes.
- Maintains awareness of current security threat landscape, regulatory compliance requirements and new developments in information security
- Evaluates and recommends security products, services and/or procedures to enhance productivity and effectiveness while keeping in mind business objectives, strategy and regulatory requirements.
- Works collaboratively with the clients ‘Learning team’ to educate users about IT/digital security.
- Works collaboratively with Corporate Security as needed on policy/procedures changes or other projects as needed.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Network Administrator
- Demonstrated exposure to Information Technology security policies, controls, standards, frameworks and regulatory compliance
- Strong communicator (verbal and written); Ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical audience
- Cisco (or similar industry standard) certification
- A demonstrated willingness to specialize in network security
Nice-to-have Experience and Qualifications:
- Demonstrated experience managing IT Security for a medium to large-scale system and network environment with mission critical data
- Bachelor’s degree in technology/computer science or Diploma in technology plus additional directly related experience (in addition to above requirements)
- Security certification (CISSP, SSCP, GIAC Security Essentials, CompTIA Security +) obtained or working towards
This is a full-time permanent role based in North Vancouver. Good public transit access and free parking. Compensation package includes a competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits program, an RRSP contribution-matching program as well as a several organization-specific perks and benefits. Work environment is casual and comfortable. Office environment is very nice and includes access to a variety of activities. Monday-to-Friday, regular working hours. Note that this client takes work/life balance very seriously and provides a very flexible working environment.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.