Intermediate Technical Project Manager (Infrastructure)
On behalf of our client in Burnaby, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for multiple Intermediate Technical Project Managers for full-time permanent opportunities.
Working in a fast-paced enterprise environment, you will deliver on a portfolio of small to medium sized infrastructure projects.
The Intermediate Project Manager roles lead and coordinate all aspects of the IT infrastructure projects undertaken by the client, ensuring that the deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as identified in the project plan.
- These roles are responsible for tracking / managing the project deliverables, schedule, financials, and quality
- Management of project resources, including network infrastructure, data storage, server / virtualization, and database services resources, as required, based on the scope of the assigned projects
- Establishes detailed project plans, schedules and action plans to produce project deliverables
- Executes project plans according to the established project management methodology, to ensure the successful and coordinated completion of project components
- Tracks project progress according to the project plan, and reports on the status of the projects and any key issues that are encountered
- Consults with stakeholders as needed and ensures readiness for project implementation
- Preparation of project change requests for any changes in scope, schedule, and budget
- Review and approval of the project IT Infrastructure deliverables and artifacts, ensuring accuracy and completeness
- Develops / distributes regular project status reports and leads / attends regular client project status meetings
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline, with a minimum of five (5) year’s recent, related experience managing a range of IT infrastructure projects, including server, storage, network, and workstation related projects
- Comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies
- Experience working in a fast paced, large / complex, outsourced IT service delivery environment, managing multiple concurrent projects of varying sizes
- Effectively monitoring budgets and executing project plans with stringent timelines
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion
- Excellent communication skills
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Project
- PMP designation is an asset
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.