On behalf of our client in Burnaby, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for multiple Portfolio Managers/IT Documentation Specialists for full-time permanent opportunities.
Working in a fast-paced enterprise environment, you will function as the client interface point of contact with one or more departments for IT infrastructure project requests, manage the project request in-take process from initial request through proposal submission and approval, and lead the development of multiple concurrent project proposals. Typically, you will work on between 5-12 proposals concurrently and prepare 50-70 proposals per year.
- Leads the development process for IT infrastructure project proposals of varying degrees of complexity, costs and impact, on behalf of various external departments across the province, working internally within their own team and with other Technology Services groups to conclude the project proposal process, utilizing professional expertise in proposal development, solutioning, estimating, management tracking and reporting, client engagement and persuasion, and stakeholder relationship cultivation and management
- Reviews and assesses the client project requests and change requests. Negotiates, coordinates and interfaces internally and externally with various clients and third party vendors / stakeholders to clarify project outcomes, define scope and specifications, technology solutions, budgetary project estimates, and to define the terms and conditions of the proposals
- Collaborates with Solution Architects and other Technology Services resources to determine the technology feasibility, constraints and options / requirements; translates technical solution(s) / specifications into clearly-articulated and easily understood language for proposals
- Presents the final project proposal to the client(s) in order to obtain the concurrence/approval of proposal; reviews and discusses all components of the proposal and confirms requirements; takes questions and explains the rationale behind the resource estimates, infrastructure/technology options and solutions, and reworks project proposal based on client feedback including scope, financial and time constraints
- Manages the documentation, tracking and reporting of project requests, and project proposals. Provides progress monitoring and reporting on the project request process, for various levels of departmental clients and stakeholders. Identifies, manages, mitigates risks, and facilitates issue resolution with the proposal development process
- Manages key internal and external stakeholder relationships both individually and in group settings
- Negotiates and facilitates resolution of any impediments to achieve internal approval of the final solutions and related resource estimates contained in the project proposal, and to obtain approval to proceed with the project proposals
- Advocates on behalf of the client to escalate project proposal related requests and issues within Technology Services.
- Role involves interfacing with Director, Manager, Project Manager, and Senior Consultant / Technical Lead level resources on a regular basis
- Manages proposal preparation activities, coordinating activities involving a large group of internal resources, including Manager, Solution Architect, and technical SME level resources
- Role involves decision making related to the preparation of project solutions, financials / estimates, and proposal contractual terms and conditions
- Role is responsible for managing the financials and related resource time charges, including approving all related resource time charges, related to the proposal preparation activities, in order to ensure that the related non-billable proposal preparation activities are delivered within the assigned budget, and that all billable proposal preparation activities are appropriately contracted / billed to the Health Authorities
- The annual combined billable and non-billable budgets that are managed by a Portfolio Manager for the preparation of project proposals ranges from $300K to $500K
- Education, Training and Experience
- A level of education, training, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- Minimum of 5 to 7 year’s recent, related work experience with IT services client relationship / service management experience, managing and developing proposals for IT infrastructure projects, including server, storage, network, and workstation related projects
- Experience developing project proposals, managing IT infrastructure projects in an outsourced IT infrastructure delivery environment, working on multiple concurrent proposals of varying sizes and complexity, is preferred
- Project Management Professional (PMP) designation, is considered an asset
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possesses initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to lead the development and delivery of project proposals including project estimating / costing, and the identification of scope / deliverables, scope exclusions, risks, dependencies, assumptions, and project milestones.
- Excellent communication and client interaction skills are required in order to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment
- Experience with IT infrastructure project proposal development
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Project
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.