Software Support Specialist x4
On behalf of our large financial sector client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for four Software Support Specialists for full time, permanent opportunities.
The successful candidates will have the opportunity to perform a variety of functions relating to incident support, problem diagnosis, design, development and implementation of modifications to existing applications and coordination and completion of application change requests.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Maintains, modifies, implements and supports a variety of applications on various platforms and provides support for the users of the products
- Analyzes and solves issues or, when required, manages the escalation of issues to the Team Lead
- Ensures all incidents are responded to and resolved in accordance with established standards and agreements. Creates problem tickets based on recurring incidents and as needed.
- Researches and analyzes problem tickets, performs changes as required and implements and follows-up to ensure problems are resolved
- Coordinates change requests requiring re-configuration or development, liaising with technical teams to ensure completed in accordance with timelines
- Ensures all production updates are completed as scheduled
- Assumes the regular and troubleshooting duties of other team members in their absence
- Recommends new or revised systems and processes to improve productivity and efficiency of the application support process.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Diploma in computer science (or equivalent) and 1 - 2 years’ relevant experience in a large-scale IT environment.
- Knowledge in operating and supporting Web Based Applications is preferred
- Knowledge or experience of Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC) is preferred
- Knowledge in Java Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty) is preferred
- Knowledge in monitoring / reporting tools (Cacti, Nagios ) is preferred
- Knowledge in using SQL (MS SQL, MySQL, etc..) is preferred
- Knowledge with Linux/Windows is preferred
- Knowledge in scripting or code development in (eg: shell, perl, php, java) is preferred
- Knowledge with IT Management best practices including the concepts of Problem, Incident and Change Management (ITIL Foundation is preferred)
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.