Product Manager, Cybersecurity/SME
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Product Manager, Cybersecurity/SME for a full-time permanent opportunity.
You will plan and manage the design, development and launch of a variety of product features of considerable scope, complexity, and revenue potential that are specifically designed to resist cyber-attacks.
- Build strategic relationships with clients’ Security Officers and Online Channel Managers in order to understand their business objectives and identify products that could contribute to the achievement of these objectives.
- Create a product vision and develop the product strategy for our cyber-resilient product features
- Conduct market research and provide market segment, product positioning, industry and competitive analyses, and specifies market requirements for the products.
- Define the business and operational requirements for the products; defines product functionalities and assesses if the current technology infrastructure has the required capabilities to support the product.
- Develop and present business cases or other supporting rationale for product changes, new features or services, development projects or other business initiatives; sets priorities and prepares the cybersecurity parts of the overall product roadmap.
- Collaborate with Agile teams regarding the design and development of the product; makes tactical decisions as required to manage unplanned but required changes to the product, and ensures product revisions are aligned with priorities and strategy.
- Ensure the developed/enhanced product meets requirements as defined in the product vision and roadmap.
- Work closely with Product Marketing staff to develop the product marketing strategy and identify and define documents and processes required to support the sales, training, support and ongoing operation of the products.
- Plan, manage and oversee the product launch.
- Act as an advocate for the product and makes presentations to potential and existing clients and internal peer groups.
- Contribute to various documents including product materials, project documents, competitive analyses, support processes and guides, project charters, technical specifications and release notes.
- Develop and implement processes to effectively manage ongoing changes to the products.
- Provide leadership to cross organizational/functional work teams involved in product design and development.
- Mentor, support and develop the product development/management skills of Product Owners.
- A university degree in computer science, engineering, business administration, or other related discipline with an IT focus, and a minimum of 6+ years progressively more responsible software marketing/product management experience.
- An industry recognized certification in the management of information systems security (e.g. CISSP, CISA, CISM, etc.) with bonus points for any cyber-related audit (e.g. CSSP, PCI-QSA, ISO 27001, etc.) or technical certifications (e.g. GSEC, GCIH, GPEN, etc.)
- Understanding of product development/product management principles, methodologies, tools and techniques
- Ability to think strategically, conceptually and analytically and define the product vision for a variety of products of significant scope, complexity and revenue potential.
- Ability to plan and steer the design, development and launch of products.
- Ability to prioritize and set clear direction and expectations, keep team members focused on the right priorities, build excellent team relationships and foster a sense of urgency and dedication to delivering on commitments.
- Exceptional analytical, problem solving, planning, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively and strategically both orally and in writing with clients, technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
- Excellent client management skills.
- Ability to provide leadership and mentorship, and manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a team environment.
- Highly developed business acumen.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.