Senior Hardware Engineer
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Senior Hardware Engineer for a permanent opportunity.
This individual will take responsibility for, and lead the design, test and production of the product hardware. Working closely with the entire team, you will conduct technology investigations, prototype new product concepts, specify/budget/execute new product development, conduct research for new product applications and also be responsible for making recommendations and executing product assembly/test in limited quantities.
This is an opportunity for an energetic, well-rounded individual who is a self-starter and enjoys taking ownership of the technical aspects of a product. This is a significant contributor role and you will make an impact.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Physics
- 7+ years of hardware design experience, at least 5 of which were in a structured environment
- A high degree of initiative, creativity and design discipline - you can take a very broad objective, break it down into realizable pieces, design the solution and implement it independently, directing contract staff as appropriate
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- A “systems” approach – our products tightly interact with related third-party systems
- Ability and enthusiasm to work within a diverse team including physicists, software developers, product managers, application specialists and customers
- Experienced in low frequency (<100 kHz) circuit design and signal processing
- Experienced in Infrared (IR) optical and sensor technologies
- Understanding of Safety Agency requirements and 'how to' design for compliance
- Understanding of EMI/EMC requirements and how to address at the design stage
- A proven mechanical aptitude as it pertains to Product Design and Packaging
- Understand the importance and make the effort to have accurate BOMs, revision control, and documentation control
- Trained in the basics of DFM/DFT techniques
- You thrive on a challenge and enjoy the diversity that a small company role can offer
- You are a self-starter who is very organized, motivated and has excellent verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Haves:
Experience with the following technologies and systems would be a great asset:
- Single Board Computers
- Infrared Optics
- Embedded Linux
- Data Acquisition Systems
- Infrared Spectroscopy
- Advanced Digital Signal Processing
- Statistical Process Control
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.