Web Developer - Part-Time Contract
On behalf of our local, public-sector client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Web Developer for a part-time (20-30 hours/week) contract role for a 5-6 month contract with option for extension and ongoing work. This role has some flexibility to it and is ideal for an experienced freelance web-developer looking to add a good-sized client to their portfolio and regular, billable hours to their week.
Role Overview: Reporting to the Manager of Digital Services and the Technical Lead, Digital Services, this position works closely with the Digital Services team, web architecture team, application developers and vendors/agencies to design, develop and implement applications, coordinate launches, and ensure that CoV standards are adhered to across the development lifecycle. Considerable independent judgement is required to recommend, design, implement and support web and mobile solutions.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, implement, and test additional system features and functionality for the client's website, mobile and web applications.
- Modify existing site templates based on recommendations from the Digital Services team to improve layout, usability, and conversion paths.
- Develop engaging interactive components and interfaces using a variety of web technologies.
- Work with Digital Strategists and Technical Lead to analyze existing and proposed systems to ensure optimal outcome.
- Carries out related testing and debugging tasks to ensure delivery of high quality product.
- Follow best practises and standards by researching and introducing industry trends on new and emerging web technologies.
- Recommend visual design and usability improvements
- Experience developing for cross-browser capabilities and responsive design elements
- Demonstrated experience building websites using ASP.Net
- Demonstrated expereicne working with a variety of Content Management Systems (pref. ASP.Net-based CMS)
- Demonstrated experience working as part of a web-development team
- This is a part-time contract. Initial workload will be 2-3 days/week and will ramp up/down as needed and you have flexibility. Work will be done onsite in Vancouver (good skytrain access) but the client is open to regular work-from-home once you settle in. Laid-back environment. Regular work-hours.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.