Software Architect - Cloud Platform
On behalf of our well-established, Silicon-Valley-based client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking a Senior Software Architect to join our client's Technology Platform team on a Permanent basis. In this position, you will technical leadership role in advancing the capabilities of the organization’s core technology hosted on AWS.
The current platform is running up against significant constraints due to it’s legacy hosting environment. The client has mandated themselves to a significant increase in the response time for it’s suite of applications used by millions of customers across North America. This will involve a migration from their current hosting system to an auto-scaling system using Lamda on AWS. The successful candidate will be part of the team responsible for designing and implementing this solution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and partner teams to discuss and align on product requirements, architecture and interface design, and release criteria
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain product features that will connect consumers with professionals while driving strong business value for us
- Deliver solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and extensible
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams to fulfill product vision - Lead by example
- Explore technologies and prototype solutions that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations
- Participate in process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables
- Mentor other engineers, help with hiring, and help raise standard of engineering in the organization
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or related field, and 7+ years of professional experience building complex, robust, and highly scalable production services and applications
- Extensive experience with scalable backend architecture and modern API design concepts
- Strong command over database systems, relational and NoSQL
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to communicate directly and effectively with stakeholders
- Experience with agile practices, quick iterations, and integration of regular feedback
- Experience with using public cloud services, especially AWS
- Experience with Java and/or Node JS.
- Willingness to identify, learn, and use the best technology for a given task, regardless of your current strengths
This is a full-time permanent role based in Richmond. Decent public transit access and free parking. Compensation package includes a very competitive salary, generous bonus, stock-purchase program, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program as well as a tuition reimbursement program to help support achieving your educational goals. Work environment is casual and comfortable. Monday-to-Friday, flexible working hours.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.