Project Manager (Business Transformation)
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Project Manager for a 6 month contract opportunity with the possibility of extension.
The Project Manager is responsible for a variety of software development projects of considerable size, complexity, diversity and impact for both internal and external clients. In this role you will provide leadership to moderate-sized Agile project teams.
Qualifications and Special Skills:
• A university degree in computer science, business administration, or other related discipline with an IT focus.
• Minimum of 6 years progressively more responsible relevant IT experience including 4 (minimum) to 7 years’ experience managing projects according to standard project management methodologies and best practices.
• Certificate in one of the main project management methodologies is required (e.g. PMI Certificate, PMP, CSM).
• Advanced hands-on knowledge and understanding of project management principles, methodologies, tools and techniques.
• Must have experience managing Agile teams.
• Ability to think conceptually and analytically, conduct effective, thorough reviews of customer project requirements and deliverables, and manage projects and team resources of considerable size and complexity through to successful completion.
• Strong analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients, business and technical teams and other co-workers; and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
• Excellent client management skills, ability to manage multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a fast pace environment. Strong business acumen is required.
• Plans and manages project activities for a variety of diverse and complex projects for both internal and external clients utilizing project management principles, methodologies, tools and techniques in compliance with the PMO
• Gathers and analyzes business requirements and statements of work, ensures project requirements, objectives and guidelines are properly documented, and develops and presents business cases and project plans including scope, budget, schedule and project team responsibilities.
• Develops a project risk management plan to identify, assess and mitigate project risks
• Assigns work and provides instructions, advice and direction to the project team.
• Manages project scope, timeline and budget within agreed tolerances throughout the lifecycle of the project, and adjusts project plan in consultation with all stakeholders as required to meet objectives
• Ensures project deliverables are delivered to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost
• Ensures project transition and handover activities upon project completion are planned and implemented as agreed, and in consultation with PMO, client and production support and other relevant stakeholders
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.