Linux Team Lead
On behalf of our client in the Lower Mainland, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Linux Platform Team Lead to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
- Coordinate and supervise the daily activities of the Linux platform team.
- Develop and monitor KPI’s, contribute to the definition of policy and take responsibility for implementation and enforcement.
- Assist your team in prioritization of work to ensure timely task completion and coordinate workflow with other leads.
- Project and operational work as required.
- Provide an L3 escalation point for emergent issues and define and lead problem resolution workflows for Unix related service desk items.
- Take part in strategic management of the department.
- Previous team leadership experience
- 8+ years of enterprise Linux server administration (RHEL)
- 5+ years designing & implementing complex server deployments such as clustering, load balancing, HA and DR in both cloud and traditional environments
- Expert in at least one of the following scripting languages (python, BASH, etc)
- Demonstrable experience with at least one orchestration framework; Ansible, Puppet, etc.
- Experience in cloud scripting automation and deployment (Azure, Gcloud)
- Experience with containerization and related technologies (docker, kubernates, etc.)
- Demonstrated competence in server and service security hardening and best practices.
- Experience running production 24/7/365 operational environments
- Experience with multi-datacenter & cloud architectures
- Firm understanding of network concepts, and the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Availability for out of hours for on-call and deployments as required.
RHCE/LFCE, ITILv3, Solaris, Solaris Zones, Ldoms, SVM/Solstice, Java/C/C++, Windows & AD administration, Nagios/Zabbix, Vmware vSphere, HP server hardware, Netapp, EMC, 3par storage, ELK stack, Openstack, Ceph / Gluster
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.