Systems Analyst - Retail/Supply Chain
On behalf of our local, public-sector client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Systems Analyst to join our client's Infrastructure team on a Permanent basis. In this position, you will join a team of talented peers supporting our client’s retail and supply chain operations. This role is a great fit for candidates looking for work/life balance (See “Terms” below).
The successful candidate will lead the design and development of IT systems, develops design and functional specifications, produces deliverables related to the project(s) assigned and assists in post implementation support and system enhancements through the various phases of the application development life cycle. Undertakes integration work which has a significant impact across the IT environment and client departments. This position is responsible for planning, analyzing, designing, developing, testing and implementing effective solutions to meet requirements.
This position oversees system applications’ maintenance and enhancements varying in complexity, cost and business significance entailing both short and long term projects that may be either of a self-contained nature or ones which require the assignment, coordination and monitoring of work performed by other team or project resources to support the business objectives of the client.
Education & Experience:
- Formal post-secondary education in Computer Science/Information Technology or a related field and a minimum of 3 years of recent, related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Experience identifying key project milestones and producing project deliverables (ie. Test plans, migration plans).
- Experience leading small project teams (5-7 people) including application developers, business area users and technical resources.
- Experience with one (or more) of the following business systems and process is required:
- Systems analysis experience with wholesale supply chain systems and processes - Demand Planning, Forecasting, Warehouse Management System, Transport Management Systems, Labour Management, Replenishment, Inventory Management, Customs, Excise.
- Systems analysis experience with retail and/or wholesale supply chain systems and processes - Finance & HR (A/R, A/P, G/L, Data Management, Audit, Purchasing), (Recruitment, Payroll, Training & Learning, Labour Relations, Occupational Health & Safety).
Nice-to-have Experience and Qualifications:
- Systems analysis experience with retail supply chain systems and processes - POS, Inventory, Pricing, Markup/Promotions, Marketing, Merchandising, Replenishment, Workforce Management, Space Planning, Assortment Planning
- Knowledge of the following:
- Knowledge of database systems (ie. Oracle, MySQL).
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite, Visual Basic.
- Knowledge of scripting.
- Knowledge and recognition of the benefits of adherence to systems lifecycle methodologies
This is a full-time permanent role based in Vancouver. Very good Skytrain access and free parking. Work environment is casual and comfortable. Compensation package includes: pension, a very comprehensive benefits package including defined contributions, a 37.5 hour workweek with every 2nd Friday off and 3 weeks’ vacation to start.
Please note: This position provides service for extended business hours ranging from 7am to 11pm PST in a multi shift environment, including weekends. Applicants must be willing to work these extended business hours on occasion.
Please note: the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic criminal record check
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.