Business Systems Analyst - Supply Chain
On behalf of our local, public-sector client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Business Systems Analyst to join our client's Infrastructure team on a Permanent basis. In this position, you will join a team of talented peers supporting our client’s retail and supply chain operations. This role is a great fit for candidates looking for work/life balance (See “Terms” below).
The Senior Business Systems Analyst (BSA) leads the analysis and provides consulting services to plan on-going business and technology needs consistent with organization's plans.
This role serves as a liaison between lines of business community and the IT organization in order to provide technical solutions to meet user needs. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization’s systems and capabilities. Analyses lines of business operations to understand their strengths and weaknesses to determine opportunities to automate processes and functions. Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business. Negotiates agreements and commitments to business partners by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation. Possesses an understanding of technological trends and uses this knowledge to bring solutions to supported business units to improve operations and enhance our client’s competitive edge. May make recommendations for buy versus build decision.
This position evaluates business systems varying in complexity and business significance and ensures clients requirements and priorities are understood and met throughout the systems development life cycle. This position is responsible to know and understand industry best practices and approaches to business challenges and their relation to systems solution. The position is responsible for completing detailed end-to-end business analysis, obtaining clear definition of business requirements and translating them into functional specifications, developing cost-benefit/alternative analysis, risk assessments, recommendations, and preparing branch standard documentation.
The position also identifies time frames, resources/ budget requirements and presents findings to both IT and Business Leaders. This position oversees system applications’ maintenance and enhancements varying in complexity, cost and business significance entailing both short and long term projects that may be either of a self-contained nature or ones which require the assignment, coordination and monitoring of work performed by other team or project resources to support the business objectives of the organization
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills to manage concurrent activities and meet timelines.
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal /relationship management skills to gain acceptance from all levels within the organization of planning strategies, recommended solutions and getting agreement on priorities and requirements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to communicate complex information effectively at all levels within an organization.
- Demonstrated ability to apply critical thinking skills and analysis/problem solving skills to make appropriate business recommendations.
- Strong ability to produce detailed written documentation
Education & Experience:
- Degree or diploma in a related discipline and/or certification in business analysis (e.g. Certified Business Analysis Professional, Certified Competency in Business Analysis) combined with a minimum of six years of recent, related experience. An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be considered.
- Business analysis including working with business users and subject matter experts to produce requirements documentation, gap analysis, business process design, business rules and other analysis work products.
- Experience with each phase of the project management life cycle and systems development life cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with one or more of the following business systems and process is required:
- Supply-chain: Demand Planning, Forecasting, Warehouse Management System, Transport Management Systems, Labour Management, Replenishment, Inventory Management, Customs, Excise.
- Finance (A/R, A/P, G/L, Data Management, Audit, Purchasing), HR (Recruitment, Payroll, Training & Learning, Labour Relations, Occupational Health & Safety).
Nice-to-have Experience and Qualifications:
- POS, Inventory, Pricing, Markup/Promotions, Marketing, Merchandising, Replenishment, Workforce Management, Space Planning, Assortment Planning.
- Expert knowledge of the following tools: MS Office, MS Project, VISIO
- Knowledge of IT systems and trends in information technology
- Knowledge of business modeling tools and techniques
- Knowledge of cost-benefit analysis methodology
- Preference may be given to those candidates with knowledge of:
- Branch and Government business systems and processes (i.e. RFP, Budgeting) preferred
This is a full-time permanent role based in Vancouver. Very good Skytrain access and free parking. Work environment is casual and comfortable. Compensation package includes: pension, a very comprehensive benefits package including defined contributions, a 37.5 hour workweek with every 2nd Friday off and 3 weeks’ vacation to start.
Please note: the successful candidate will be required to undergo a basic criminal record check.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.