Software Engineering Lead - API Team
On behalf of our well-established, Silicon-Valley-based client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our client's API Development team on a Permanent basis. In this position, you will technical leadership role in advancing the capabilities of the organization’s core APIs in a cloud-based development environment.
This role represents an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled and energetic Software Engineer to join a team our Silicon-Valley-based client’s Vancouver office. You’ll have the chance to work in a startup culture with the support of a large company. You will "wear many hats” planning system design, building products, and directly interacting with customers. The team has a wealth of great end-user experience. You’ll be building out product capabilities that digitize the entire transaction process and help bring real-time data to end-users.
In this role, your responsibilities will touch on all stages of the software engineering lifecycle: understanding customer requirements, designing the application, writing/testing/deploying code, and monitoring the system for issues. There will also be opportunity to exercise your highly developed collaboration abilities interacting with other technology teams on broader cross-organization initiatives. The ideal candidate is a generalist who enjoys challenge and variety, and is familiar with a "Lean Startup" approach to building a business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the Product Management and User Experience regarding product definition, schedule, scope, and project-related decisions
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and applications that will excite and please a user base of millions of users
- Develop solutions that are high quality, scalable, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, work on removing impediments, and execute at top velocity
- Investigate technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Provide input into process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 8+ years of hands on professional software development experience architecting, building, deploying, and maintaining apps at scale.
- Technical Lead experience leading a product team and setting day to day technical direction
- Strong backend services / API development experience, preferably using Node.js and REST/JSON
- Experience with SQL and NOSQL system design and development.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Working experience with a front-end framework (Angular.js, Ember, Backbone, and React/Flux).
- Proficiency in client-side web technologies (HTML5, CSS, JS, Bootstrap)
- Rails experience: You can understand and communicate a feature design from model(s) to endpoint(s) to the front-end
- Experience with unit test frameworks, and test automation tools is a definite asset (Preferred)
- Experience with server and client performance optimization for high traffic web applications (Preferred)
- Experience building mobile responsive sites (Preferred)
This is a full-time permanent role based in Richmond. Decent public transit access and free parking. Compensation package includes a very competitive salary, generous bonus, stock-purchase program, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program as well as a tuition reimbursement program to help support achieving your educational goals. Work environment is casual and comfortable. Monday-to-Friday, flexible working hours.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.