Lead Engineer - .JS/AWS
On behalf of our well-established, Silicon-Valley-based client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Senior Software Engineer to join our client's Platform Development team on a Permanent basis. In this position, you will lead a team of Engineers responsible for continuing to build out the capabilities of the organization's scalable, cloud-based (AWS) technology platform.
This role represents an exciting and unique opportunity for a skilled and energetic Software Engineer to join a team our Silicon-Valley-based client’s Vancouver office. You’ll have the chance to work in a start-up culture with the support of a large company.
If you’re keen to contribute to the delivery of high performance, high traffic applications and APIs, with built-in scalability and monitoring in the AWS cloud, then read on! We provide our end-users with the content, tools, and data intelligence they need. You will touch on all aspects of the product delivery including understanding acceptance criteria, designing the application, writing/testing/deploying code, and monitoring the system. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed collaboration abilities to deliver on broad cross-organization initiatives, producing industry-leading web applications and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders – including Product Owners and User Experience designers – regarding user stories, acceptance criteria, definition of done, and other program-related decisions
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and applications that will excite and please our user base across North America
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams throughout the organization to reuse existing components and architect shared functionality
- Coach, mentor, and guide your team to deliver the best solution keeping in mind return on investment and total cost of ownership
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Lead process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in full-stack development – you can understand and communicate a feature design from model to endpoint to the front-end
- Building complex, robust, and highly scalable production applications
- Experience with NoSQL database such as MongoDB
- TDD and test automation (Mocha, Selenium, Sinon, Nightwatch, Cucumber)
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field.
- Experience Ruby on Rails is a bonus
- Good understanding of distributed systems is a plus
This is a full-time permanent role based in Richmond. Decent public transit access and free parking. Compensation package includes a very competitive salary, generous bonus, stock-purchase program, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program as well as a tuition reimbursement program to help support achieving your educational goals. Work environment is casual and comfortable. Monday-to-Friday, flexible working hours.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.