Junior Windows Admin
On behalf of our Burnaby based client, Ignite Technical Resources are searching for a Junior Windows Administrator to join our Burnaby based client on a Contract basis.
Reporting to a Supervisor, Infrastructure Services, the successful candidate provides support to a variety of technology systems as well as critical business and public safety applications, monitors base system performance and investigates performance issues, installs system components, performs moves and software and hardware upgrades, responds to service requests, and works with the service desk and other technicians to troubleshoot and resolve service issues that impact availability.
Nature and Scope
- Installs, maintains and supports the operation of servers, workstations and peripheral devices in accordance with base performance and availability criteria; assists in enhancing service performance of critical CAD, RMS and communications systems; participates in maintaining systems security.
- Monitors and responds to alerts triggered by various technology systems; monitors and participates in management of network storage capacity and server virtualization; monitors backup processes to ensure successful completion.
- Troubleshoots incidents and service performance issues; escalates to senior resources as appropriate and participates in resolving a broad variety of technical problems.
- Administers user and group account access and rights in accordance with established policy.
- Develops and maintains system/shell scripts to automate routine tasks.
- Installs and configures workstations and physical and virtual server environments.
- Plans and coordinates small projects, such as printer replacements, workstation software and hardware upgrades, evacuation site preparation, new server builds and upgrades, and data migrations.
- Develops and executes checklists and test plans; documents processes and procedures and provides user training as required.
- Strong proficiency with Windows server and desktop client environments.
- Scripting experience, automating tasks with batch files or PowerShell.
- Adept with the use of remote management tools for troubleshooting and resolving client issues.
- Solid familiarity with routing, network protocols, and enterprise-level problem resolution experience.
- A strong commitment to outstanding client service and process, supported by software tools to manage incidents, requests, and service level commitments.
- Skill and varying levels with Citrix, VMware, Splunk and SCCM.
- An ITIL V3 Foundation accreditation or strong knowledge of IT Service Management process.
- Familiarity with Cherwell Service Management software (ITSM Software).
Education, Training, and Experience
- Completion of a degree or diploma program in computer science or a related discipline plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- ITIL Foundation v3 or later accreditation preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of computer systems, hardware, peripherals, software applications and operating systems
- Knowledge of best practices in technology service management (ITSM; ITIL), IT security, and data centres which apply to the work performed.
- Knowledge of common networking protocols and internet services.
- Knowledge of common scripting/programming languages used in automating processes and services.
- Knowledge of centralized storage management and protocols (FC, NFS, CIFS, ISCSI)
- Ability to recommend appropriate technology solutions and modifications for assigned systems and to install and configure workstations and server environments.
- Ability to measure and maintain server and workstation systems performance and ensure the interoperability of relevant computer systems.
- Ability to support virtualized environments with high availability.
This role is based in Burnaby B.C. This is a contract position running until early December, possibility of extension depending on budget approval and candidate performance.