Intermediate Linux Administrator
On behalf of our Vancouver based client, Ignite Technical Resources are searching for an Intermediate Linux Administrator to join their team on a full-time basis.
Reporting to a Supervisor, Infrastructure Services, the Intermediate Linux Administrator is responsible for the day to day administration, tuning, performance and support of central server and storage architecture components and operating systems for enterprise-wide mission critical applications and services. An incumbent monitors system performance; maintains high service availability; and provides advanced support and troubleshooting for complex technical problems associated with business systems, public safety computer aided dispatch (CAD), and records management system (RMS) environments.
- Configuration management tools experience - Puppet.
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Red Hat Satellite experience.
- Distributed version control systems experience - Git / GitLab.
- Scripting - Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Korn Shell (ksh) strongly preferred.
- Unified Computing System (UCS) experience.
- Priority Management.
- Data Centre Experience.
- Completion of a degree or diploma program in computer science or a related discipline and ITIL Foundation v3 or later certification, plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Previous experience with systems in Linux distributions.
- Knowledge of Linux Containers.
- Setup and management of monitoring tools like Nagios, Sensu, Icinga and Splunk.
- Experience managing NetApp storage infrastructure.
- An ITIL V3 Foundation accreditation or strong knowledge of IT Service Management process.
- Familiarity with Cherwell Service Management software.
This position is based in Vancouver B.C. and requires the successful candidate to be on site full time. Benefits include RRSP matching, Accumulated time off program, Full Benefits, and Dental.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.