Intermediate Linux Administrator
On behalf of our Vancouver based client Ignite Technical Resources are searching for an Intermediate Linux Administrator to join their team on a full time basis.
Reporting to a Supervisor, Infrastructure Services, the Intermediate Linux Administrator is responsible for the day to day administration, tuning, performance and support of central server and storage architecture components and operating systems for enterprise-wide mission critical applications and services. An incumbent monitors system performance; maintains high service availability; and provides advanced support and troubleshooting for complex technical problems associated with business systems, public safety computer aided dispatch (CAD), and records management system (RMS) environments.
WHAT WE OFFER THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE
- Meaningful Work: strong sense of purpose in support of the public and first- responders across B.C.
- Earned Time Off: eligibility to participate in our Accumulated Time-Off Program.
- Pension: We are members of the Municipal Pension Plan – A Defined Benefits Fund.
- Career Development: a work environment committed to supporting your continued professional development while pursuing your career at E-Comm.
- Configuration management tools experience - Puppet
- Unified Computing System (UCS) experience..
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and Red Hat Satellite experience.
- Distributed version control systems experience - Git / GitLab.
- Scripting - Python, Perl, Ruby, Bash, Korn Shell (ksh) strongly preferred.
- Priority Management.
- Data Centre Experience.
- Completion of a degree or diploma program in computer science or a related discipline and ITIL Foundation v3 or later certification, plus sound related experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
YOUR FUTURE TEAM
- Key contributor to technology team delivering public safety to the province.
- Focussed on modernizing a legacy datacenter.
- Finding solutions to complex issues while maintaining critical infrastructure availability.
- Dynamic environment modernizing hardware and software systems/Key delivery responsibilities moving from legacy AIX/Linux environments to LINUX on CISCO UCS.
?YOUR FUTURE PROJECTS
- Moving to new datacenters with new CISCO UCS hardware whose commissioning offers both challenges and the opportunity to learn.
- Considerable thought and effort to migrate legacy applications into the new environments. Applied DEVOPS skills
- Previous experience with systemd in Linux distributions.
- Knowledge of Linux Containers.
- Setup and management of monitoring tools like Nagios, Sensu, Icinga and Splunk.
- Experience managing NetApp storage infrastructure.
- An ITIL V3 Foundation accreditation or strong knowledge of IT Service Management process.
- Familiarity with Cherwell Service Management software.