Program/PMO Management Consultant
On behalf of our public-sector client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Program/PMO Management Consultant to join our client's newly-formed Program Management team on a Consulting basis. In this position, you will be assessing the client’s current Program Management practices and assisting in upgrading their processes and capabilities.
The client has undergone a recent re-org and have formed a new Program Management team. They are aware of their lack of sophistication in this area and are committed to bringing in a consultant to help them evolve their capabilities. While not limited to these specific items, they are particularly looking for support in the following areas:
- Assessing and recommending a process (and related tools) for managing, tracking & reporting vendor spend for their Technology teams
- Improving and implementing Program status reporting as it pertains to key program stakeholders
- Capital vs. Operational planning for ongoing and future programs
- QA / Testing strategy (at a functional/strategic level) for production projects
Note that this client has begun the process of adoption of Agile methodologies for some of it’s programs. Experience in both conventional (waterfall) environments as well as a strong (pragmatic) understanding of how agile effects projects will be required. Ideally experience with other environments who have undergone the transition or other ‘hybrid’ environments would be great assets to help with creating successful solutions.
Education, Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years Project Management experience, preferably in a variety of environments
- Demonstrated experience successfully managing change related to changes in PMO processes
- Demonstrated PMO experience understanding of PMO best-practices, esp. around reporting & budget-planning
- Demonstrated understanding of QA processes and best-practices in an agile environments (non-technical level ok)
- Demonstrated project management experience in waterfall and agile environments
- Demonstrated experience managing a PMO
- Demonstrated experience consulting on effective PMO practices and processes
- Demonstrated experience in public-sector
- Experience building project/program management processes for hybrid (agile and waterfall) environments
This is a full-time contract role based in Vancouver. The initial contract will be 3 months with 3-month renewals as needed for successful completion of the engagement. This role may be converted to a full-time role at it’s completion. Work environment is business casual. Monday to Friday, regular working hours (37.5/week). Office has great Skytrain access and onsite parking available.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.