Systems Engineer - Server
On behalf of our client in Surrey, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Systems Engineer (Server) for a 6+ month contract opportunity with the possibility of extension.
Our client is launching an exciting expansion project and require the assistance of a contractor to help support the additional workload on the operational team.
- Install and support technologies associated with management of projects. [Microsoft Windows Servers, Active Directory (Directory Services, DFS, DNS, GPO), IIS 7.0 or higher, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft SharePoint, F5 load balancer, VMWare, AWS]
- Monitor productions systems, respond to and troubleshoot incidents
- Resolve technical support requests, documenting, tracking, and monitoring the requests through to resolution in a timely manner.
- Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation
Production support to include but not limited to;
- Security Remediation
- Disaster Recovery Tests
- Processing of Service Requests
- Project Tasks as assigned
- Expert-level knowledge of Active Directory (Directory Services, DFS, DNS, GPO) management.
- Strong proficiency in Windows Server (2012 R2 and 2008 R2) Operation, maintenance and security.
- Strong proficiency in VMware VSphere and cloud management technologies
- Strong proficiency in messaging and collaboration tools (MS Exchange Server 2010/13/16 and Skype for Business 2013/15)
- Well-rounded knowledge of storage solutions (NetApp)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal, flexibility in concepts and action, able to handle aggressive mission critical deadlines
- Excellent team player - proven ability to resolve problems professionally and systematically
- Well-rounded knowledge of networking (LAN, WAN, VMPLS, VLAN, Routing, Firewalls, etc.)
- Well-rounded knowledge HP ProLiant BL Server & C7000 Chassis – configuration, remote management, operation and maintenance
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012 – deployment, operation, and maintenance
- Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2012 – operation and maintenance
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2013/2016 – deployment, operation, and maintenance
- Microsoft Skype for Business 2015 – voice deployment, operation, and maintenance
- NetApp SAN – monitoring, LUN assignment/creation.
- Demonstrates abilities to translate requirements into application and technical designs, systems requirements and documentation
Bonus Points for experience with:
- Application support
- Scripting knowledge – should have some powershell.
- Cloud experience
- VDI experience
- Vrealize Ops manager
- Netapp Storage
- Security Experience
- Project Planning
- Disaster Recovery planning
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.