Senior Development Manager
On behalf of our well-established, Silicon-Valley-based client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Senior Software Manager to join our client's team on a Permanent basis. In this position, you will lead a team of high-performance software Engineers responsible for continuing to build out the capabilities of the organization's scalable, cloud-based (AWS) technology platform.
This is an opportunity for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our software development team working on listings and property data platform out of our Richmond office in Vancouver, Canada. In this role, your responsibilities will touch on all stages of the software engineering life cycle: understanding customer requirements, designing the application, reviewing code, and monitoring the system for issues. There will also be opportunity to exercise your highly developed collaboration abilities interacting with other technology teams on broader initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Directly supervise 10+ highly talented engineers
- Collaborate with Product Management and Program Management regarding product definition, schedule, scope, and project-related decisions
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and applications that will excite and please a user base of millions of users
- Develop solutions that are high quality, scalable, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan sprints, expand stories into tasks, work on removing impediments, and execute at top velocity
- Investigate technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Provide input into process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- 10+ years of hands on professional software development experience architecting, building, deploying, and maintaining data centric applications at scale
- 3+ years’ experience of supervising of 5 or more software engineers in a demanding engineering environment
- Technical lead experience leading a product team and setting day to day technical direction. Successful track record of delivering on projects, both individually and as a leader
- Strong backend services / API development experience, preferably using REST/JSON in AWS or any other public cloud.
- Strong experience with large scale data integration and data management technologies.
- Experience with unit test frameworks, and test automation tools is a definite asset
- AWS stack experience is a big plus.
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization for high traffic backend applications (Preferred)
This is a full-time permanent role based in Richmond. Decent public transit access and free parking. Compensation package includes a very competitive salary, generous bonus, stock-purchase program, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program as well as a tuition reimbursement program to help support achieving your educational goals. Work environment is casual and comfortable. Monday-to-Friday, flexible working hours.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.