Applications Support Analyst
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an Application Support Specialist to join their team for a 6-month contract with strong potential to convert to a full-time permanent position at the end of the initial contract term.
The successful candidate will come from development/BA/Systems Analysis background (not helpdesk). You are expected to be able to establish strong business relationships with stakeholders, partners, and internal IT to understand how the system is used, internal/external influences, and how to improve the current process. You will help identify data extraction rules and behaviour to support agile initiatives such as reporting, analytics, and new user experiences. You will work with the integration team to identify, develop, and test business rules for incoming and outgoing data integration scenarios. On the operations side, you will support end-users for various applications. Remote support will be required across varying time zones.
- 4+ years of application support/systems analysis experience
- Good working knowledge of two or more of the following: RDBMS (Oracle / MS SQL), SSRS, Power BI, scripting, SQL queries
- Strong systems skills (Active Directory, MS Office, PowerPoint, Visio)
- Knowledge of systems analysis and system development life cycle
- Ability to deliver presentations and lead meetings
- Strong business sense and ability to understand business usage of the system and make suggestions for continuous improvement
- Some experience leading small projects is desirable
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.