Senior Front End (Angular 2) Developer
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Senior Front End (Angular 2) Developer for a 1-2 year contract opportunity with the possibility of extension.
The successful candidate will work on an exciting transformation project and will be integral to the re-design and re-architecture of the front end of the client's award winning suite of applications.
Qualifications and Special Skills:
- A post-secondary degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent)
- 7+ years of relevant experience in software engineering. Experience must include the analysis and development of at least one highly complex and several moderately complex applications using an object oriented methodology
- Must have hands-on experience in an enterprise environment with Angular 2, Git, RXJS, NPM and unit testing
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of methods, standards and best practices with respect to software development, and security principles
- Ability to document software designs using an established modeling language such as UML, write statements of work for moderately complex software solutions, break down a complex task into a set of simpler ones, and provide accurate estimates
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills. Ability to work with a large code base and perform exploratory research confidently
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with technical teams and other co-workers, plan tasks, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs
- Ability to provide technical leadership and work under minimal supervision on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a team environment
- Be innovative and eager to learn from mistakes
- Designs, writes code, and performs testing on a diverse range of complex software programs proficiently with a high level of quality. Advanced understanding of design patterns and can conceive appropriate designs quickly
- Follows established guidelines, standards, and processes.
- Proposes and acts on ideas to improve product or productivity. Proposes solutions to technical or process issues, or identifies opportunities for improvement, and champions the implementation.
- Provides input to design proposals to reflect costs, risk, time required and alternative approaches to satisfy existing and future needs.
- Applies a structured approach and coordinates collaboratively with stakeholders to isolate and resolve complex system-level problems that cross application and organization boundaries. Resolves most problems quickly and efficiently
- Conducts detailed analysis of defined systems specifications, develops and documents designs that meet applicable standards, and identifies, analyzes and resolves diverse software inadequacies.
- Participates in product design meetings, reviews and writes functional and non-functional requirements and design specifications. Acts as a valued and trusted technical consultant to product ownership
- Provides detailed estimates for larger projects, assists in establishing project schedules, organizes and assigns tasks for developers, ensures assigned projects follow schedule, and informs management of any unplanned slippages. Plans projects that may take six months to a year. Owns tasks they cannot do alone
- Provides input, reviews and validates documentation developed by the Technical Writing department
- Performs evaluation and testing of software products
- Provides technical guidance to more junior staff, and reviews and oversees their work
- Leads and participates in code and design reviews.
- Gives technical presentations.
- Develops and executes plan to improve technical knowledge Abstracts previously learned facts and applies them to new domains to speed up learning. Integrates new theories, trends, and methods into appropriate business operations
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.