On behalf of our Victoria-based public sector client, Ignite Technical Resources is searching for a Project Manager to join their team on an initial 1 year contract with a possible extension of up to 2 more years (36 months total).
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge in IM/IT transformation projects (Software Development Management of web based systems and custom applications, IT infrastructure changes, business process re-engineering, etc.) using both the System Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and Project Management Institute (PMI) PMBOK practices.
Qualifications (Strongly Preferred):
- 8 years Project Management experience
- Demonstrated experience having managed three major projects involving Custom Software Application Development
- Demonstrated experience having managed three major projects involving IT infrastructure changes
- Demonstrated experience having managed one major projects involving business process re-engineering
- Hands-on experience, managing the project working group team – not just high-level managing up the stakeholders outside of the project team.
- 3 years minimum accumulated experience
- Managed two Agile projects as a SCRUM Master/Agile PM and Hands-on experience managing the agile project team as a SCRUM Master/Agile PM
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent IT field
- PMP Project Management certification from PMI
- Agile certification credentials - SCRUM, PMI-ACP, etc.
- Experience with Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
This role is based in beautiful Victoria, BC. All work is required to be carried out on site. Initial 12-month contract to begin with an anticipated start date in early July.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.