Business Analyst (data analytics)
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join their team for a 6 month contract with strong potential of renewal.
The successful candidate will apply critical thinking in supporting and delivering data analytics services to a constantly evolving business and technical landscape.
The BA plays a vital role in:
- Eliciting, articulating, and challenging the data analytics needs of product owners and system stakeholders;
- Solidifying those needs through requirements/specification/acceptance documentation;
- Working with technical teammates through design and development cycles;
- Validating deliverables through testing and quality assurance.
- Developing strong relationships with business stakeholders, external partners, and internal IT team members to understand system usage, dependencies, and opportunities to improve the status quo.
- Identify data extraction rules and behaviour to support Agile initiatives such as reporting, API development, analytics, and new user experiences.
- Work with the Integration team to identify, develop, and test business rules for incoming and outgoing data integration scenarios.
- 2+ years working in an Agile/Scrum framework, including feature/product backlog organization, sprint planning, product ownership, story point sizing
- 5+ years working as a business analyst
- 2+ years working on data analytics projects
- Proven experience in eliciting and documenting requirements in clear and detailed language.
- Expertise in using relational database models to understand, troubleshoot and help illustrate specifications and development work.
- Demonstrated system/data modeling skills.
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Services (TFS) an asset.
- Familiarity with change management procedures.
- Experience with SSRS, PowerBI, or similar tool is an asset.