Business Analyst (data analytics)
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an experienced Business Analyst to join their team for a 6 month contract with strong potential of renewal.
The successful candidate will apply critical thinking in supporting and delivering data analytics services to a constantly evolving business and technical landscape. The BA plays a vital role in eliciting, articulating, and challenging the data analytics needs of product owners and system stakeholders; solidifying those needs through requirements/specification/acceptance documentation; working with technical teammates through design and development cycles; and validating deliverables through testing and quality assurance. Strong relationships will be established with business stakeholders, external partners, and internal IT team members to understand system usage, dependencies, and opportunities to improve the status quo.
The Business Analyst system knowledge will identify data extraction rules and behaviour to support agile initiatives such as reporting, API development, analytics, and new user experiences. The BA works with the Integration team to identify, develop, and test business rules for incoming and outgoing data integration scenarios.
- Minimum 2 years working in an agile/scrum framework, including feature/product backlog organization, sprint planning, product ownership, story point sizing.
- Minimum 5 years working as a business analyst with 2 years or more of that time for data analytics projects.
- Proven experience in eliciting and documenting requirements in clear and detailed language.
- Expertise in using relational database models to understand, troubleshoot and help illustrate specifications and development work.
- Demonstrated system/data modeling skills.
- Solid experience in writing SQL queries.
- Understanding of systems engineering concepts.
- Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Services (TFS) an asset.
- Familiarity with change management procedures.
- Experience with SSRS, PowerBI, or similar tool is an asset.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.