Senior C#/ASP.Net Developer - Long-term contract
On behalf of our local, public sector client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced, Senior Software Engineer with demonstrated experience building solutions via C# and ASP.Net to join our client's Development team on a long-term contract basis.
General Role(s), Responsibilities and Deliverables:
This position may include but is not limited to:
- Working within a development team on a variety of business solution development projects on the Microsoft .NET platform
- Working with solutions architect(s), business analysts and team members on application design
- Responsible for the delivery of their portion of the technical solution;
- Adhering to established development practices and procedures related to the department with and adherence to industry and corporation standards, as well as developing and maintaining documentation in accordance with these procedures and processes
- Proactively resolving complex technical issues and demonstrates innovative thinking by making recommendations for new approaches to technology as appropriate
Position Education, Experience and Technical Requirements:
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/Diploma/Post-Graduate Certificate or equivalent professional work experience, minimum 60 months (5 years) relevant experience
- Development experience with Microsoft .NET with C#, minimum 72 months (6 years) experience
- Development experience with Microsoft ASP.NET MVC, minimum 48 months (4 years) experience
- Development experience with Microsoft ASP.NET MVC5, minimum 24 months (2 years) experience
- Experience working within a development team on a variety of business solution development projects on the Microsoft .NET platform, minimum 24 months (2 years)
- Experience with Single Page Applications
- Experience with developing Intranet applications
- Experience with SignalR
- Experience with presentation validation frameworks
- Experience with presentation layer architecture
- Experience with presentation layer unit testing and unit testing frameworks
This is a full-time contract role based in Vancouver. Initial contract will be 9 months with up to two 12 month extensions. Their office has decent public transit (Skytrain) access. Work environment is business casual. Monday-to-Friday, regular working hours.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.