Intermediate - Senior Full Stack Developer (Java)
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an Intermediate-Senior Java Developer for a contract or full-time permanent opportunity.
The Java Developer assists in the design of technical solutions and performs complex programming or troubleshooting activities. You will work on an exciting business transformation project.
- Designing, writing code, and completing complex programming proficiently with a high level of quality
- Providing input into and following established development guidelines and standards
- Providing input to design proposals to reflect costs, time required and alternative approaches to satisfy existing and future needs
- Conducting detailed analysis of defined systems specifications, developing and
documenting designs that meet applicable standards, and identifying, analyzing
and resolving diverse software inadequacies
- Providing design recommendations and feedback to improve visual design and usability.
- Working with visual designers to make best use of interface technology to achieve design goals
- Giving technical presentations
- Performing other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support business goals
- As the successful applicant, you have a university degree in computer science/ web or software engineering (or equivalent) and 5+ years of relevant experience in software engineering
- Practical experience with agile/scrum software development methodology
- Hands on experience with Java 1.8 is a must
- Experience in web presentation frameworks including JSP’s, JSF, Struts and Wicket
- Server Side Java experience including multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with Object-Oriented and Service-Oriented Architecture, applications design, object modeling and data modelling
- Experience with open source development and open source tools e.g. Spring Framework, Apache Camel, Google Guava
- Testing & Build frameworks (JUnit, Maven, Mocking frameworks like JMock)
- Strong knowledge of database management systems and database programming (SQL Server)
- Database design and programming using JDBC/SQL or persistence frameworks such as Hibernate or JPA
- Version control systems (SVN, Git) and continuous integration systems knowledge (Bamboo, Sonar)
- Highly developed analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.