Systems Admin/DevOps - Linux
On behalf of our client in here in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Systems Admin/DevOps (Linux) for a permanent opportunity.
- Creating and evolving our project infrastructure together with our software developers, choosing the right platforms, third-party services and hardware, setting up and supporting monitoring, load testing and managing scalability.
- Automating server configuration and software deployment, thorough monitoring and making timely backups, quickly responding to alerts, and paying close attention to load levels.
- Able to understand each deployed project in detail, and to work together with the rest of the team to solve various issues.
*We use Windows Server 2012R2, 2008R2 and Ubuntu Linux, and we extensively use virtualization and expect you to be familiar and have experience with those systems.
*Must be willing to work 24/7 now and then.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of experience supporting critical infrastructure in remote datacenters.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field, or equivalent combination of technical training and experience.
- Windows servers administration, including AD management and configuring IIS.
- Linux administration (any recent distro).
- Good understanding of TCP/IP stack and networking.
- Experience in working with virtualization systems (VMware, Hyper-V or other).
Nice to have:
- Auxiliary scripting: either bash/PowerShell or python, Perl and so on.
- Monitoring systems (Zabbix, Nagios etc.). Writing custom monitoring scripts.
- CI (team city/Jenkins + git), version control systems, deploy automation, application config management (zookeeper).
- Configuration system management (Ansible, DSC), VM templates.
- Networking hardware (routers, switches and other). CCNA would be awesome.
- SQL and NoSQL tuning for performance and reliability, especially Cassandra.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.