Senior QA Engineer
On behalf of our client in here in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Senior QA Engineer for a permanent opportunity.
Role: Execute manual and automated test plans for our web-based and mobile applications
- Act like a technical lead for other QA teams.
- Choose appropriate products that increases effectiveness of QA team, teach QAs to use them.
- Provide QA infrastructure and workflow standards.
- Create comprehensive test plans with well defined, reusable test cases from business requirements and functional specifications documents.
- Execute functional testing, system testing, regression testing, and performance testing.
- Work with the developers to record and maintain automated test script libraries for functional regression testing.
- Document software defects in an issue tracking system and proactively communicate issues with developers and product managers.
- Participate in business requirements and functional specification reviews early in the software development lifecycle process.
- Assist with the development, integration and coordination of cross-company test projects.
- Manage scheduling to ensure efficient and effective product testing; identify and reports risks to project schedule and product quality and proposes new methods to control and/or mitigate risks.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of leading QA team is highly desirable.
- At least 3 - 4 years of experience in software testing in a process-driven technology environment. Recent experience must include hands-on testing of mobile applications.
- Knowledge of industry standard best practices as related to software testing.
- Experience in all phases of software application design, development and testing.
- Ability to interpret business requirements, and translate that understanding to technical testing solutions.
- Experience with full cycle testing including functional testing, system testing, integration testing, performance and stress testing.
- Proficient SQL/Database skills.
- Multi-platforming testing required.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.