Intermediate - Senior Business Analyst (Agile)
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an Intermediate-Senior Business Analyst for a contract-to-hire opportunity.
The Product Management Senior Business Analyst will be responsible for the delivery and success of products and features. They will champion ideas with internal stakeholders and clients, as well as work alongside a cross functional team of developers, testers, designers etc. The successful candidate has a proven track record of managing complex, client facing projects in a high growth environment where priorities shift quickly.
Agile Business Analysis:
The Business Analyst will undertake business analysis activities relating to the development, modification or enhancement of products and services and resolution of support incident and problem tickets.
- Facilitating user story development, prioritization and negotiation.
- Collaborating proactively with Product Management and other stakeholders.
- Defining product parameters and preparing detailed specifications, using cases, workflows, and other supporting documentation for the development of modifications and enhancements.
- Creating User Stories that are small, estimated, functional and vertical. Technical stories are included as part of the backlog and given appropriate consideration and priority.
- Facilitating the development of acceptance criteria which are used in planning, reviews and story acceptance.
- Refining the backlog at every sprint meeting.
- Effectively driving decision making by:
- a) making decisions when appropriate.
- b) escalating to the appropriate stakeholders when appropriate.
- Making effective product decisions within the scope of their authority.
- Overseeing the support stream of work and balances project work and supporting work according to agreed guidelines.
- Owning the release plan for the project, including target dates and goals for each release.
- Ensuring that the product backlog for a release is itemized and prioritized.
- Collaborating effectively with Project Manager/Scrum Master for planning.
- Ensuring that the team has clear sprint goals and that lessons learned from sprint retrospectives are applied.
- Managing non-project related activities like support, training and coaching, documentation and product communication such as presentations to clients.
- Contributing to the product strategy and success by establishing industry knowledge and being able to effectively support product managers.
- Prioritizing and conducting the research and collection of information from client groups and other stakeholders.
- Analyzing and documenting business needs and requirements.
- Assessing the priority, feasibility and impact of undertaking product changes, identifying options for potential solutions, and evaluating the technical and business suitability of each option.
- Developing business cases for modifications or enhancements, summarizing the costs, benefits, and measurable success criteria.
- Presenting proposals to management and/or clients and provides advice and guidance in selecting the best options to meet business and technical needs.
- Tracking and overseeing the project life cycle from analysis through to deployment, and providing project updates to clients and/or internal management.
- Acting as the liaison between technical, operational staff and clients in resolving planning and implementation issues.
- Planning and overseeing implementation, including quality assurance, testing and any modifications required.
- Writing information releases, preparing user manuals and providing information, training and support to clients and internal personnel with respect to new and enhanced products and services.
- Providing follow-up and supporting clients to ensure the successful operation of the newly implemented product or service.
- Providing business and technical guidance to more junior Business Analysts.
- May on occasion work as project team leader over other Business Analysts for specific projects by assigning and monitoring work, ensuring adherence to business analysis policies and practices, and providing advice and guidance to team members regarding the successful completion of projects.
- Performing systems analysis of functions performed within the department and within the credit union system with the intent of improving overall productivity and efficiency.
- Maintaining current knowledge of company's family of products, application functionality and the high-level architecture of Central’s hosting environment.
- Performing other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support business goals.
- A university degree in computer science, business administration or other related discipline with an IT focus (or equivalent). A development background is an asset.
- A minimum of 6 years related experience working on multi-dimensional, multi-client projects through all stages of the project life cycle.
- Extensive experience working in the agile software development methodology as a product owner.
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of business analysis principles, agile methodologies, tools and techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of a product line or business process. Specifically, mobile app development, mobile banking and payments, digital banking, and personal financial management.
- Exhibits excellent judgement and ability to think analytically and conduct effective, thorough reviews of customer requirements and translate these into business and technical specifications.
- Ability to manage projects through to successful completion. Highly developed analytical, problem solving, organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with clients, technical teams and other co-workers, work to schedules, and adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
- Ability to facilitate meetings with large number of stakeholders and is highly effective at running requirements gathering workshops.
- Excellent customer service and client management skills.
- Ability to provide technical and product leadership, and work on multiple projects with conflicting deadlines in a team environment.
- Strong business acumen.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.