Business Information Solutions Analyst
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Business Solutions Analyst for a full-time permanent opportunity.
As a member of the Corporate Support team, the Business and Information Solutions Analyst is responsible for conducting research to support the development and evolution of IT services solutions for various internal departments and for helping with the delivery of internal projects for these clients.
- Perform analysis and requirements gathering with clients.
- May assist with multiple teams and projects ensuring that project goals are achieved according to project plans, and in accordance with project priorities.
- Supports revenue generating efforts to improve subject matter expertise and expectation setting by being a resource and participating in pre-sales activity.
- Develops technical designs meeting the approval of all affected technical teams.
- Acts as a lead project resource for Software Management, review business requirements, provides feedback about business requirements, design, development, testing plan, coordinate and liaise with internal supporting Technical Operations teams as required.
- Assess long term impact to current product.
- Strong leadership in project rollout /implementation. Lead the team preparing implementation plan, technical support document, arranging for change/release schedules.
- Have strong understanding about the impact to current products and services and lead the team work towards to reducing incidents and the impact.
- Recommends new or revised systems and processes to improve productivity and efficiency of the application support process.
- · Maintain current knowledge of company's family of products, application functionality and the high-level architecture of the hosting environment
- Performs other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support business goals.
- Engages in regular and periodic reviews with supervisor. Willingly accepts direction from supervisor.
- Ability to work effectively with team members, project managers and other management team members including senior management and the executive management team.
- Open and frequent communication across departments.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with existing clients and their staff members.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with existing and prospective vendor personnel.
University degree/college diploma or equivalent experience in information technology, business management, or other applicable area of study and 5 - 8 years relevant experience in a large-scale IT environment.
A Solutions Analyst is responsible for providing clients with valuable IT solutions to build efficiencies into their business processes that result in significant cost savings. Specifically, a Solutions Analyst is responsible for developing business process workflows, stand-alone applications, customer support, business requirements gathering, and solution design. Ability to effectively manage a sizeable and complex business area as a subject matter expert is required.
- Demonstrated skill acting as a team player across multiple teams within the entire enterprise.
- Understands and displays a passion for customer intimate methodology.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, management team members and all colleagues within the company.
- Ability to solve complex problems.
- Analyzes information from varying perspectives, establishes the pivotal element of an issue, and reaches a logical conclusion through the process.
- Expresses ideas clearly, concisely, directly and willingly.
- Uses technology, resources and time efficiently. Learns quickly and applies current information to appropriate tasks.
- Displays a high level of energy, persistence and a positive outlook. Learns from mistakes and constructive criticism and continuously seeks ways to improve.
- Must put a high value on process.
- Ability to handle stress, while maintaining a positive attitude toward clients, team members and other colleagues.
- Strong analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Adapt easily to changing priorities and business needs.
- Strong ability in mapping business requirement into technical requirements.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong multitasking skills.
- Motivated individual.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IT systems, design, development, and operational processes is required.
- Strong knowledge of operating and supporting Web Based Applications is required.
- Excellent knowledge of Java Application Servers (Tomcat, JBoss, Jetty) is required.
- Experience in monitoring / reporting tools (Cacti, Nagios).
- Experience in using SQL (MS SQL, MySQL, etc.) is required.
- Experience with Linux/Unix Operating Systems.
- Knowledge in IT management best practices: Problem, Incident, Release and Change Management - ITIL Foundation certification desirable.
- Experience in mapping business requirement into a technical requirement.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.