Software Engineer Test Automation
On behalf of our Downtown Vancouver based client, Ignite Technical Resources is searching for a QA Automation Engineer to join their team on a full-time basis.
We are looking for a QA Engineer responsible for focusing on the QA Automation of code of our application. Your primary focus will be development of QA Automation scripts, utilizing tools such as PHPUnit, Jasmine, Karma, Codeception and others to ensure stability of the product. Experience working on teams focused on web application development is a nice-to-have. Please note that “application” experience is critical. This includes the full lifecycle of development from design, development, testing and maintenance. This is beyond web design, blog, CMS experience.
- Work closely with business analysts and software developers to ensure we meet the requirements of internal and external product stakeholders.
- Compile test cases into comprehensive product test plans.
- Compile test plans in a maintainable and serviceable regression suite.
- Develop and execute automated functional and acceptance tests
- Develop load, and performance tests.
- Document testing plans and testing results in a wiki environment for internal and external stakeholder review.
- Create comprehensive, accurate and understandable bug reports in multiple ticketing systems.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS:
Solid understanding and working knowledge of the following will ensure you are in a position to succeed on the team:
- 5 years of QA Automation experience
- 1+ years PHP or other object-oriented language
- Selenium Webdriver
- Jenkins, Bamboo or other Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery
- Jira or other issue tracking system
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Proficient understanding of OWASP security principles
- Passionate about producing elegant, maintainable code
All full-time employees are entitled to the following benefits:
- Personal health plan including medical, dental, vision, pharm and alternative medical services
- BC MSP Paid
- RRSP (4%)
- Bonus (10%)
- Paid stat holidays
- 3+ weeks of paid time off/year
- Transit subsidy
- Options to attend training courses
This is for a full time permanent position, our client is located in Gastown steps from public transit, work must be carried out on site
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.