Senior UI Designer (Mobile)
On behalf of our client in downtown Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking a Senior Mobile UI Designer to join our client’s marketing team on a long-term contract basis (initial contract is to December 31, with very strong potential to renew for at least another 6 months).
The role of the Designer is to assist in the production of professional and polished visual designs that consider brand requirements, client goals, product strategy and technical constraints. Candidates should have a growing portfolio of mobile design that reflects a range of industry experience. Strong visual composition, typographic, and layout capabilities are important considerations. You are encouraged to bring new ideas to the team and help the client “shake things up” and become more creative. The ideal candidate will be “an artist first and designer second”.
Sample responsibilities and work duties will include:
- Designing engaging experiences for our consumers across mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
- Creating wireframes, mock ups and prototypes
- Solid understanding of UX principles to design appropriately for the mobile
- Keeping up-to-date on trends and best practices in mobile design
- Participating in creative brainstorm sessions in order to develop conceptual ideas around client objectives
- Being able to work independently and within tight schedules
- Proactively bringing new ideas to the table
- Inspiring, designing and driving the overall user experience
- Ability to influence stakeholders to make delightful, credible, and feasible recommendations/solutions
- Conceptualizing and effectively visually communicating UI ideas to get buy-in from stakeholders
Core Skills Requirements:
- 5+ years professional UI experience in mobile space
- Solid Photoshop and Illustrator skills
- Experience designing complex UI across ideally a variety of products
- Simplifier that can also get the bigger picture, takes smart risks, is innovative, a visionary that can think outside the box but still deliver fun solutions within strict technical limitations.
- Commanding knowledge of Wireframing and Prototyping tools and the ability to produce low and high fidelity solutions.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Have a work portfolio demonstrating your experience
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite. Wired for people.