Intermediate - Senior Java Developer
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an Intermediate - Senior Java Developer for a full-time permanent opportunity.
The successful candidate will work on a widely used and award-winning banking application, with a particular focus of offering international e-transfers to hundreds of thousands of customers nationwide.
• Designing, writing code, and completing complex programming proficiently with a high level of quality
• Providing input into and following established development guidelines and standards
• Providing input to design proposals to reflect costs, time required and alternative approaches to satisfy existing and future needs
• Conducting detailed analysis of defined systems specifications, developing and documenting designs that meet applicable standards, and identifying, analyzing and resolving diverse software inadequacies
• Providing detailed estimates for larger projects, and assisting in establishing project schedules, ensuring assigned projects follow schedule, and informing management of any unplanned slippages
• Providing input, reviewing and validating documentation developed by the Technical Writing department
• Providing technical guidance to more junior staff
• Giving technical presentations
Qualifications and Special Skills:
• As the successful applicant, you have a university degree in computer science or software engineering (or equivalent) and 5+ years plus relevant experience in software engineering
• Strong level knowledge of Java 1.6+
• Experience of web and/or enterprise application development and tiered application design in Java
• Experience in web presentation frameworks including JSP’s, JSF, Struts and Wicket
• Server Side Java experience including multi-threading and concurrency
• Experience with Object-Oriented and Service-Oriented Architecture, applications design, object
• Modeling and Data Modelling
• Experience with open source development and open source tools e.g. Spring Framework, Apache Camel, Google Guava
• Experience with XML binding frameworks - XMLBeans, Castor or JAXB
• Testing & Build frameworks (JUnit, Maven, Mocking frameworks like JMock)
• Strong knowledge of database management systems and database programming (SQL Server)
• Database design and programming using JDBC/SQL or persistence frameworks such as Hibernate or JPA
• Version control systems (SVN, Git) and continuous integration systems knowledge (Bamboo, Sonar)
• Familiar with Agile/Scrum Software Development Methodology
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.