Sr. Java Engineer (Contract)
On behalf of our client in downtown Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Senior Java Engineer to join their development team for a 6 months contract opportunity.
The successful candidate will help develop the industry-leading API products. You will work in a globalized, highly-collaborative environment and will be given the freedom to innovate new product ideas and technologies for their product area.
- Develop API products as part of a highly collaborative Agile team
- Write high quality, testable code that meets the definition of Done
- Take ownership of problems and continuously strive to become a better problem solver
- Actively participating in Release Planning and Iteration Planning
- Coaching, mentoring, and empowering other Agile team members
- 10 years+ of experience in software development including design and implementing enterprise solutions, with strong experience in Java
- Strong background in distributed computing
- Exposure to API, SaaS, and Cloud Products is desired
- Strong understanding of enterprise level infrastructure, systems, quality and usability
- A strong sense of teamwork and collaboration
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.