DevOps Technician (Windows)
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a DevOps Technician (Windows) for long-term contract opportunity.
Working in a Windows-based environment, you will be focused on the configuration, implementation, and management of loan products with 3rd party platforms.
Required Technical Knowledge:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3-4 years' relevant experience in a Windows, Web Application-Based IT environment
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of IIS running on Windows and enterprise web farms supporting 30,000+ connections
- Windows scripting for automation with PowerShell
Other Desired Qualifications:
- Demonstrable knowledge of IIS 7.5 or higher, ASP.NET 4.5
- Good understanding of Configuration, Logging & tracing
- Experience in operating and supporting Web Based Applications
- Expert knowledge with Windows Server scripting in PowerShell
- Basic knowledge in monitoring / reporting tools
- Experience with Windows Server 2008 R2 &/or Windows Server 2012
- Expert knowledge in using Microsoft SQL (SQL queries, updating schemas)
- Experience setting up and maintaining Windows Servers
- Familiar with Windows clustering technologies
- Experience with network packet capturing/troubleshooting
- Good understanding of Configuration Management tools (experience with Chef
- In depth understanding of Web Services, SOAP/XML, REST/JSON
- Basic understanding of Problem, Incident and Change Management (ITIL Certification/training is preferred)
- Basic understanding of network topology and firewall configuration
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.