Web Developer (with Mobile experience)
On behalf of our client in Vancouver, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for an Senior Web Developer for a 12-month contract opportunity with the possibility of an extension.
The Senior Web Developer (Mobile) develops proposals for major, complex and longer term technical web solutions, provides technical leadership in programming activities, and conducts major troubleshooting and problem-solving initiatives.
At Central 1, we’re here to make Canada’s credit unions successful with a market leading and award-winning app. As a member of the mobile development team, you will get to work on iOS and Android apps. You will be developing innovative and cool features using the latest mobile technologies in a fast-paced environment.
- Speaking with clients to determine and agree project scope and key success factors; understanding clients’ priorities.
- Documenting scope (typically using a Statement of Work) and other aspects of projects using agreed project templates or other approaches as required.
- Coordinating resources from other teams to conduct solution analysis and determine estimated effort for required work.
- Able to identify, document and walk clients through differing options if identified.
Adapting to Varying Levels of Structure:
- For certain types of projects with well-defined approaches, able to follow the defined approach, and ensuring that all required activities are completed appropriately.
- For projects or initiatives where an approach is not defined, able to critically evaluate the approach needed, ensuring that the approach is agreed, and then progress the project as needed.
- Performing other duties as required to deliver exceptional service and to support Central 1’s business goals.
- Acting in the capacity of a Business or Systems Analyst as needed, demonstrating an ability to conduct the appropriate analysis to the appropriate level and document or take action on the results of the analysis as needed.
Executing, Monitoring and Controlling:
- Ensuring that implementation planning is completed in a timely manner and that all appropriate resources are made available.
- Ensuring project deliverables meet stated requirements and are delivered to the required standard of quality within the specific constraints of time and cost.
- Understanding the importance of a ticket management system to maintain up-to-date information relating to projects / change requests; ensuring at all times that all information held in the ticket management system is up to date and accurate.
- Using demand/time tracking system to complete billing for client projects.
- Monitoring projects and providing appropriate updates to clients on progress, including general progress updates, budget updates, and risk and issue updates.
- Tracking and managing any issues as they arise.
- On completion of project, ensuring project transition and handover activities to support teams are completed.
- Ensuring that any essential lessons learned in the project are carried forward to ensure success of future projects.
As the ideal candidate you possess:
- A minimum of 4 years of relevant experience in the financial services and/or tech industry, including 2 or more years of experience working as a project manager managing multiple projects in the $30k to $100k range, preferably in a business environment focused on external clients.
- Ability to manage time and shifting priorities effectively while working calmly under pressure.
- A thorough understanding of all basic elements of project management: initiation, planning, monitoring, stakeholder management, risk and issue management, and project closure. Soft skills and self-awareness are essential.
- Experience writing a variety of business- and project-focused documentation; comfortable with a quality process based on peer or manager-led review of documentation.
- Demonstrated adaptability and flexibility in meeting a variety of clients’ needs by adjusting project management approach based on best practice, efficiency, effectiveness, and appropriateness for clients’ requirements and budgets.
- Experience working in a matrix organization with cross-functional teams; must be comfortable negotiating resources and managing impacts of resource changes on projects.
- Experience in a lean organization, web development, business analysis, agile software development and/or multi-channel banking would be considered an asset.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.