Software Engineer - Node.JS
On behalf of our Silicon-Valley-based client, Ignite Technical Resources is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our client's team in Richmond on a Permanent basis. In this position, you will be a senior member of a team of high-performance software Engineers responsible for continuing to build out the capabilities of the organization’s scalable, cloud-based (AWS) technology platform built on Node.JS.
In this role, you will touch on all aspects of the product delivery including understanding acceptance criteria, designing the application, writing/testing/deploying code, and monitoring the system. You will be able to make an impact, leveraging your highly developed collaboration abilities to deliver on broad cross-organization initiatives, producing industry-leading web applications and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with key stakeholders – including Product Owners and User Experience designers – regarding user stories, acceptance criteria, definition of done, and other program-related decisions
- Design, develop, deliver, and maintain features and applications that will excite and please a user base
- Develop solutions that are of high quality, scalable, cloud-based, reliable, and reusable
- Work collaboratively in an Agile/Scrum team to plan and execute at high velocity, and across teams throughout the organization to reuse existing components and architect shared functionality
- Investigate and prototype technologies that can be leveraged to introduce new innovations in meeting business and customer goals
- Lead process improvement initiatives to improve quality and timeliness of deliverables with high predictability
Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related field
- Full-stack development – you can understand and communicate a feature design from model to endpoint to the front-end
- Database systems, relational and/or NoSQL
- TDD and test automation (Mocha, Jasmine, Selenium, Sinon, Nightwatch, Cucumber)
- Experience with PHP, or Ruby on Rails is a bonus
- Client-side web technologies (HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap, responsiveness), including working experience with a front-end template framework (Dust, Mustache, Handlebars) is an asset
This is a full-time permanent role based in Richmond. Decent public transit access and free parking. Compensation package includes a very competitive salary, a comprehensive benefits program, and an RRSP contribution-matching program as well as a tuition reimbursement program to help support achieving your educational goals. Work environment is casual and comfortable. Monday-to-Friday, flexible working hours.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.