Development Team Lead (Java)
On behalf of our client in Richmond, Ignite Technical Resources is looking for a Java Technical Team Lead to join their team on a full-time permanent basis.
Our client is undergoing a digital transformation, developing new solutions, and products. The successful candidate will have previous technical team lead experience with a proven record of leading and influencing a technology overhaul, ideally in an agile environment. Client’s backend tiers are presently JVM-based. They are using the following technologies: Jersey for REST, Java 8, Sprint Boot, Kafka, Couchbase, Elastic Search, Oracle, Hadoop, Spark, Docker, AWS, and so on.
- 7+ years of software development experience with Java
- Team leadership experience and ability to lead 5 or more people
- Experience with agile and test-driven test methodologies
- Previous systems level software development experience with highly complex, distributed systems product
- Expertise in latest Java enterprise technology: Java, RESTful APIs, Spring Boot, Hibernate, CDI, Elastic Search, Gradle, Drools
- Familiar with distributed systems architecture such as SOA or Microservices
- Familiar with architecture patterns such as API gateway, reactive design, event driven and asynchronous messaging
- Experience securing applications from API to data layer, security standards such as PCI, OAuth2, OpenID, SAML, JWT Web Token
- Familiar with cloud computing platforms Amazon, Azure
- Familiar with a web framework such as Grails, Node.js, Meteor, Play, Bootstrap, Angular
- Experience performance tuning JVM based applications
- Knowledgeable in big data technologies such as Kafka, Couchbase, Mongo, Elastic Search, Akka, Hadoop, Spark is desired
- Strong experience in NoSQL and relational data modeling is desired
- Experience developing REST based web service APIs, understand web semantics translation into a REST API
- Practical experience using GIT version control (e.g. SourceTree)
- Experience with enterprise SaaS technologies such as: Zoho CRM, BI & Reporting, Agresso ERP, ShipHero is desired
- Previous Scrum or Kanban training considered an asset
N.B.: Successful completion of a criminal record check is required for this role.
Please note that only candidates who are eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate will be considered. Sponsorship cannot be provided for relocation.
If you meet the required criteria and are interested in the above position, please submit a WORD version of your resume. Due to the volume of resumes, only those candidates being considered will be contacted.
Ignite. Wired for people.